Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Holocaust Survivor Dr. Eva Olsson

Imagine being lined up with everyone you love and you are told to go in one direction and everyone else has to go the other way. How would you feel? Not even being able to say "I love you" for the last time. If I was Eva I would feel scared because you don't know where your mom is. And then, someone comes up to you and tells you to give your niece to someone who is old. This was a little girl who Eva promised her sister that she would take care of. How could she give her away to a stranger? That is what she did, and it saved her life because all the people with their children were killed. Also 65 or so years later it still makes Eva sad to think of the loss of her mother and father.




I am wondering how Eva got the picture of her mother and father. I think she is lucky to still have a picture of them. Was there a secret hiding spot in their house that they kept pictures so no one but the family members knew about? I wonder if her sister is still alive and how they found each other after the war without today's technology.




Overall, during Eva's speech, I felt touched because she could talk to my school about how she survived the Holocaust. One thing that my school did was sing Happy Birthday to her and give her flowers which made Eva so happy that she cried!

No comments:

Post a Comment