Friday, November 6, 2009

Breadwinner

Imagine living in a country where women and girls were not allowed to leave the house without a man. Imagine having to wear clothes that cover every part of your body including your face with something called a burqa.



If I had to cover myself head to toe with something called a burqa, I would not be that happy because the climate in Afghanistan is always SO hot. Also you would have to wear it all the time and every where you go. I imagine it would be hard to breathe and you would have only limited space to see around you. It would be hard to walk and I think that I would have to walk everywhere. With a burqua, you can't see when people are smiling, sad and angry. I think that I would feel stiff, have difficulty moving and always worry about staying covered in public. It would be hard to tell my family and friends apart if they were all dressed the same. Overall, if I had to cover myself with a burqa, I would feel invisible.


1 comment:

  1. jamie i this is very good writing. i like how u told us that women can't leave their house without a man. you discribed it very well. did you think u did well on this blog? well thats all ihave to say but all in all it was very well done.

    ReplyDelete