Tuesday, October 20, 2009

MS Team Building Day!

On October 19th, Grades 6, 7 and 8 went to Norval for a team building day where we learned to work as a group to finish the tasks that we were assigned. One of the things that my team did well at was everyone was helping to achieve the goal to finish that task. When we were at the activity where you had to get the tire off the king's finger, everyone was helping out somehow to make sure that Thomas was safe all of the time when he was off the ground getting the tire. We manged to get the tire off and Thomas was safe. With still more than half of the time left, our group leader told us that we could put the tire back on the king's finger. So everyone decided to have me go up and put the tire up because I was the lightest in the group. As a group we managed to get the tire on and off.


During the zig-zag activity, where you had to go on the four planks to get to the end, it was my turn and I tried to use the rope to help me across the planks but the rope seemed to make me fall off the planks. So I overcame this problem by holding out my hands like I was on a balance beam. As I started to cross the first plank again, holding my hands out seemed to work, then I decided to do it for the whole time which seemed to help me balance. My group leader told me after that he thinks the rope was not helping me balance as much as holding my hands out. That was so true what he said.


My overall impression of MS Team Building Day is that it was better than grade 6. It was better than grade 6 because we got to do more exciting activities. Also my group worked well together. The people in my group were Jamie, Hayley, Brenna, Emma, Darcy, Wilks, Thomas, Ethan, Eric and Robert. Overall MS Team Building Day was good.

3 comments:

  1. Great post Jamie! You've summarized the events of the day well and incorporated the lessons you learned well. Don't forget opening and closing sentences for all of your paragraphs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I agree with Ms Weldon. You are a really good writer, and a very good summarizer.

    Emilie

    <3

    ReplyDelete