Tuesday, March 9, 2010

B is for Boots


Boots (not Boots from Dora the Explorer) Boots are a pieces of footwear that cover your foot and ankle. Your boots can be as short as your ankle or can come up to the top of your knee and even higher (like waist).

Most boots have a heel which makes the boot not flat so you don't slip (but maybe you will if the ground is wet).

What are boots made of? Boots are either made with leather or rubber, but today's boots are made of a lot more things that leather and rubber.

When do we wear boots? Boots are worn during the winter and the spring to protect your feet from mud, rain, snow and much more. Boots can also be worn for style and fashion. UGGs are one of the most popular choice of winter boots for teens. One thing that UGGs aren't very good in is salty snow, because that can damage the boot.


One day I was in my cabin at Tawingo (talked about Tawingo in last post) because it was raining and I had nothing else to do. So, my counsellor asked my friend and I if we wanted to go puddle jumping. We both said "Sure!" When we first went outside there was not many puddles even though it has been raining for a while, but after splashing around in them we found more. One time I went in this huge puddle and I got so wet that my boots got full of water. After splashing around in the rain for awhile the three of us decided to go back to our cabin because we were cold and wet. Overall, my boots kept my feet dry for a bit and then they got soaking wet.

Life Lesson: Wear boots to keep your feet dry and comfortable.

I commented on Hayley's post on snowboarding!

1 comment:

  1. Jamie, why didn't you talk about Boots from Dora? I was looking forward to reading that! Just kidding! It was a really good post and I enjoyed learning about boots. Do you have a lot of boots? I don't like bootsvery much, I like shoes better! :) Keep it up nassa!!!

    ReplyDelete