Monday, January 18, 2010

S is for School

Have you ever been to a new school? Have you ever been scared the first day?

One day in Grade 2, I was visiting a school that I did not know very well. As I walked into the classroom with people staring at me that I had no clue who they were at all. Later, once my mom left, the teacher introduced me to the class. After he introduced me to the students, two students named Ashton and Hayley, took me on a tour of the school. Hayley stayed with me all day and even had lunch with me. I was feeling better about this new school and I wasn't scared any more.

This school that I was visiting was different for me because there were many more kids and everybody in the class was in the same grade. At MY school, there were kids from grades 1-3, all in the same class! I had friends that were my age, but also older and younger than me.

Even though I changed schools for Grade 3, I still talked with and visited my friends from my old school. Even now, when I run into one of them, we share a great big hug! One of my friends moved to British Columbia. Her family was here a few summers ago to visit some people, but I couldn't see her that time because I was at summer camp.

I'm glad now that I changed schools because I have even more friends than I did before.

Doesn't mean that if you leave them behind that you can't still be friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment