Monday, January 11, 2010

F is for Friends

Have you ever been to a place where you don't know anybody? Well if you have, then all you have to do is say something to get their attention. For example, you could say "Hi", smile, and ask them their name. They might even ask for your name.

I was at my ski club the other day and I didn't know anybody in my ski group. So what I did was say "Hi" to this complete stranger that I didn't even know. So then the complete stranger and I went up on the chair lift together to start our lesson. We started talking and I asked her where she lived. It turned, out when we were talking, both her and I live in the same city!" Not many chances that would happen like one in a billion. Once I found out that she lives in the same city as I do. "I asked her where in the city she lives?" She said by Westmount Rd. which is like 2 minutes from my house. Turns out we live like 5-10 minutes away from each other.

After that ski lesson I told my Mom about this girl. Well she knows her Mom and Dad and I found out that my old babysitter is the cousin of this girls' Mom. Well! Did we have a lot to talk about at our next ski lesson!!

Life Lesson: The next person you meet could be your next best friend, so don't be afraid to meet new people!

2 comments:

  1. Nice Jamie!!! Who is that friend of yours? I know how you feel because when I moved here, I was soooooooooooo nervous! But then I started talking with people, and now I have tons of friends! And you are one of them!

    ReplyDelete